HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC SCHOOL
2013 - 2014 CRUSADER CASH PROGRAM
GUIDELINES & POLICIES
1. Participants of the Crusader Cash Program must establish an individual account at
www.shopwithscrip.com. Follow the directions to “Create Account.” You will be asked to
enter our enrollment code: 28633B212167L. (Participants from prior years can use their
2. You may pay for your purchases by check (payable to Holy Cross HSA), or by Presto
Pay (direct debit with a 15 cent charge added per order). Payments due by order
deadline of 9:30 a.m. on Tuesdays.
a. PAYMENT BY CHECK - Checks are deposited promptly. There will be a
$30.00 charge for checks returned (NSF).
b. PAYMENT BY PRESTO PAY - To set up Presto Pay (through the ACH
system), click on the Presto Pay button. You will be asked for the routing number
and bank account number for your checking account, then follow the instructions.
There is a 15 cent charge for each order placed. If you choose presto pay, your
account information will be verified through a series of two small deposits
(pennies) to your account. The initial verification process could take as long as
72 hours. (The first order may need to be paid for by check)
3. Orders will be accepted until 9:30 a.m. on scheduled Tuesdays. Any order
coming into school later or on another day will be held for the following scheduled order
date. Orders will be delivered on scheduled Thursdays through the participant’s
designated delivery option – backpack or office pickup. There may be RARE occasions
that our supplier, Great Lakes Scrip Center, cannot fill our order in a timely fashion. We
will contact you immediately with the explanation we have received. If this occurs, we
will make every attempt to get your gift certificates to you as soon as possible.
4. It is the participant’s responsibility to make sure the Crusader Cash envelope is given
to the teacher or placed in the designated box in the office. Envelopes that remain in the
backpack or cubby can not be processed.
5. It is the participant’s responsibility to verify order upon receipt of the Crusader Cash
envelope. Any discrepancies must be addressed within 24 hours.
6. We will only deliver Crusader Cash envelopes to individuals designated on the
participant’s registration form. Any changes must be requested in writing with the
7. Participants are responsible for noting restrictions and benefits pertaining to gift
certificates (for example, expiration dates, ability to use for online purchases, payment
on store credit account, etc.). A complete listing of each vendor’s terms and conditions
8. You must sign a waiver to release Holy Cross School, its employees and volunteers
from any lost or stolen gift certificates. Once the gift certificates are delivered to you or
your child, you will assume responsibility. Please consider the age, maturity and how
the child gets home in making your choice to participate in the Backpack Program.
Please note that certificates are cash equivalent and can not be replaced, traced,
or refunded if lost or stolen.
9. A participant’s earnings depend on the discounted rate associated with the gift card
purchased. Discounted rates from merchants range from 1.5% to 25%, but generally
average around 5%. HSA purchases gift cards at a discounted value (the difference
between for face value and discounted rate) and sells to participants at face value. The
participant will earn 90% of the discounted rate to designate toward their tuition
obligation, fundraising obligation, or the Guardian Angel Fund (tuition assistance). The
remaining 10% of the discounted rate goes to HSA to cover the costs of the program –
shipping, printing and supplies.
10. Participants must select an Earnings Distribution Method (EDM) on their
registration form. This designates where participant earnings will be credited:
- Tuition Obligation
- Fundraising Obligation
- Guardian Angel Fund (Tuition Assistance)
11. CREDIT SCHEDULE 2013 - 2014
Earnings Period Date Credited to EDM
May 22 – December 1 → January 1
December 2 – March 15 → April 1
March 16 – May 20 → May 31
12. If the participant’s EDM is Tuition Obligation, the participant’s earnings will be
credited toward the next month’s bill. Any earnings accrued as of May 20 will be
credited toward next year’s tuition if applicable. If no future tuition obligation exists,
earnings will be credited toward the Guardian Angel Fund.
13. If the participant’s EDM is Fundraising Obligation, the participant’s earnings will be
credited as outlined above. Any earnings accrued as of May 20 that exceed a
participant’s current Fundraising Obligation can not be credited toward next year’s
14. If the participant’s EDM is Guardian Angel Fund, thank you for your generosity!!
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR SCHOOL!